Sunday, July 20, 2014

Bitches' 2D1N KL Food Trip Part 1: Acme Bar & Coffee @ The Troika, KL

Have been very busy with my packed schedule with dozens of fun moments with dear H, wind orchestra kakis and my bitches despite the loaded preparation to fly on this coming September.

Scholarship procedures. 
VISA application. 
TB test. 
Medical checkup. 
Accommodation settlement. 
Gadgets survey. 
Shopping. 
Return to USM for necessary procedures. 
PTPTN.

And the to-do-list goes on.  

Before I keep the ranting mode on and I'm sure you'd be pretty much dozed off before you can even get the idea of how messed up I am at the current state so I better snap off. 


Life's never been dull whenever I'm with my bitches. 

It's semester break now and it's time to screw diet, go wild with our taste buds and show no mercy to our tummies! 

Out of the seven of us, only five of us managed to make up to Khe Sin's KL foodie plan and to have a mini sleepover before she handed over her UM's dorm key.





I'm kinda lazy with words these days so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

1st stop: Acme Bar & Coffee 

(I used to think it was ACNE instead of Acme lol, I was like, yerrr this coffee bar's name why so geli one -.-#embarassingnya pfffft)


Have been seeing friends checking in at this coffee place at Instagram lately, was extremely delighted when Khe Sin suggested this place as our first stop.
Left UM with RapidKL, then LRT, took a long walk from KLCC and reached this place.
It wasn't far from KLCC actually, but thanks to GPS which led us circling KLCC instead of short displacement daheck.
Reached there at around 11.30 a.m, still we had to wait for an hour plus for a dining place since we didn't make a reservation and coincidentally it was a public holiday.
Had to share a dining table with a pair of couple too - Not to complain but this is how good the business is you see
Welcome to KL lol -____-

Missed out Egg Benedict since the breakfast menu time was over.







Forgot to charge my camera and Wenyi was out with her baby Olympus Pen Lite EPL-3.
This gorgeous was so kind to lend me to play around with her baby so jyeaaaaaa.
TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH IT.
No filter no nothing yo.






\

Highlight of the place and it was the reason why we were there.

Sizzling brownie - RM 19.00

Served separately with the dark chocolate lava and a sizzling plate with a brownie with ice cream topping and a slice of strawberry.
Love the crackling sound of sweet heaven for my emptied stomach.
The mixture of the bubbling hot chocolate as it melted on the tip of your tongue with the chilly ice cream and the tinge of thick chocolate brownie.
Probably one of the best dessert I ever had!
I had never witnessed Hui Yee going so wild over a dish before and this was it!

P.S: Yea we ate dessert before our main course so what :P





Rigatoni pasta with turkey ham, bacon slices and olives - RM 29.00

Used to hate the taste of an olive but it seemed to blend in with the sauce perfectly well.
The texture of the pasta was slightly hard though.


  




Lamb shoulder in soy sauce with fresh peas and fries- RM 45.00

3 pieces of  not overly cooked mutton, great texture and the most important part,
no gamy taste at all.
We didn't like the sauce too much however, probably we somehow related the taste to char-siew instead.
I used to not touch green peas at all, frozen ones in the big packet with carrot cubes and corn bits is a disaster, especially when one adds'em into fried rice eeewww.
But after this dining experience at ABC, I totally changed the perception towards fresh green peas.
Juicy and mildly sweet which blended in well with the mutton and fries.
Fries were good too, in good proportion, just enough for the five of us to finish.






Pomegranate cranberry juice - RM 13.00

Hui Chi ordered this and it was a delight especially on a hot day as such.
Not too sweet and I particularly loved the fresh pomegranates at the bottom.




It'd be a waste if I don't post these photos taken by such a lovely camera.
I have yet to learn to snap professionally with ISOs and shutter speeds bla bla so I was on Auto mode all the way.







Didn't order coffee since Hui Chi couldn't take caffeine, snapped a photo of other people's order instead hahaha :)







Looked bright in the cam but nahhhh much to learn.





Waiting for the coffee drop in mid air but I wasn't sure how to slow down the shutter speed and my butt was constantly being banged by some random passerbys or waitresses with hot coffees.
Had to leave before getting a perfect shot before I got my butt burnt lol.






Mugs.  
Great coffee goes great with simple white big mugs.





Cakes were pretty but we didn't have much tummy (and cash) for these so next time prolly?





Stay tuned for more KL food pit stops if you're one food lover like us! :D





Acme Bar & Coffee

Official Website

Location:
Unit G1, The Troika,
19 Persiaran KLCC,
50450 KL,
Malaysia.

Contact:
+60321622288


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a trace if you will.