Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Of 10 Days in Manchester

Well, there're lotsa lotsa people who love me much have been asking if I'm doing fine here in Manchester, so here it is! 
A blog post with lotsa lotsa photos with not much of words :P







With MyBrainSc friends to Manchester! 
Weihao and Ilya :)





To those who knows me on Facebook or Instagram might have found out that I was on a MAS business class flight from KLIA to Heathrow, London.
To those who had not seen it, here I'm acknowledging you, oh yes I was on a business class seat!
I didn't know about this until I checked in at KLIA airport, totally mind blown! :D


I had only a one time pleasure taking a MAS flight and back then I was only in primary school, 
I couldn't remember anything much.
Thus, I can't really tell how luxury business class is, 
but one thing for sure is that I didn't have a back ache after 13 hours of flight!

The flight attendance who was in charge of my row wasn't as friendly as I expected either, 
probably I looked like a kid with my new haircut and 
probably I didn't look rich enough to get proper service from her pffft.

Watched two movies: "It's Complicated" starred by Meryl Streep & Hercules Disney!
Song on replay as I sleep: "Chandelier" by Sia (thanks to tehkhesin -.-)













Rounds of meals after meals.
Hereby I present to you, my supper.






Breakfast.



Have never had meals in planes, totally delicious! :D







Took us quite some time to find the right departure hall to transit from Heathrow, London to Manchester.
Took an underground train!

Oh and hey, look at their lift buttons, there's no UG (Underground), it's called -1 :D







While waiting for transit.







Had a few days short stay at Kak Amal's.
She's just too generous and kind, it was a very comfy and wonderful stay.







Only then I realized that staying at private accommodation 
(renting your own house and find housemates to share out the rent)
is actually much cheaper than staying at university halls.
But the downside is you'll have to do the housekeeping and sorts 
(like to wash the toilet uh-huh).

Am considering to move out from the hall next year but we'll see if I can get housemates who are kind enough to help me with the toilet cleaning part.
I don't mind if I need to be the cook of the house *shrugs*.







Pattern Ilya :P







Whitworth Park.

A beautiful park where we needed to pass by every morning during our short stay with Kak Amal and Kak Nina.








Whitworth Hall.

Went back and forth a few times in those few days to complete registration and international check in.








Here comes a typical tourist pose blablabla.






Christie Building (except the one on right bottom).

It's not a library/reading place mind you, I love this bistro so much!







Main Library.

You just can't imagine how big it is wokay!






A lil treat of coffee for Weihao and me!
Caffe Latte is loveeeeeeeeeeeeee especially at a cold weather as such emmmm.

Costa Coffee and Nero Coffee seem to be the main coffee shops here rather than Starbucks.
Not as expensive as I expected tho (totally a good news!)







Went to buy stuffs in the city and spotted this ferris wheel, reminds me of him you know :')
Met new friends from Chile and Hong Kong in this lovely evening - 
Rocia, a girl who loves history, hiking and plays football; 
Daniel, one humorous guy but doesn't like to smile to the camera, Masters in Supply Chain Management (dear fongfong!) ; 
Marcus, who loves Spanish and had his first Spanish class from Rocia on the spot.






Basically this is where I may have some of my lectures.





And most of them have requested to take a peek at my room, so ta-da!


Burleigh House, 1st Floor, Flat 2, Room 11.















Bathroom.







Kitchen.






Bedroom.





Everyday is a new day here, experiencing new things,
discovering how little you understand about the world, meeting new people,
learning more about life.

My days here have been pretty exciting and challenging at the meantime-
Gotta deal with the cold, oh and I haven't had any flu in this 10 days time
despite having 9 degree celcius in the morning and walking in the wind.
 *round applause*

Now it really feels like leaving home
and it's like no other boarding experience that I have been through for the past few years.


Welcome Week is still going on,
new faces new names new places still trouble me as they used to,
which makes me miss them even more. 

I miss them a lot.
A lot. A lot.






















Oh and how much I wished you were there.





Okay byebyebyebyebyebyebyebye! :D






2 comments:

  1. Hi 想請問 burleigh house 的環境如何?有抽到宿舍 但怕房間會壓迫! 感謝你

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a trace if you will.