Friday, November 21, 2014

London 9D8N Trip Part 4: Waterstones & British Museum

On our way back to UCL, we passed by a book store named "Waterstones", a name which I'm so familiar with.
Well, it's one of the most common book stores which I can find in my area, probably one or two along the street to UCL.  It's popular like Malaysia's Popular Book Store but this is not the reason that appealed me most.
Before I received my ticket to the land of my dreams, I bought a colourful encyclopedia-thick book which illustrates some of the most beautiful/iconic book stores from all countries, named 书店时光.  As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of books.  Even if I don't have the time to read'em, I buy'em like how most of the girls buy clothes and shoes.  And I read about Waterstones there.
Totally in love with the smell of books and book racks hmmmm.







































































Wai Ching gotta attend her classes so I was being abandoned again D:

I had half a day left to stroll around the area, spotted a road sign to British Museum.
So I took the direction since Wenyi told me that the place is totally worth visiting coz it has MUMMIES from Egypt.




















British Museum.  
Massive breath-taking creature.




















































































Probably the most famous gallery in the museum.



























My personal favourite gallery: The Clock.
























































Had the urge to pee when I was in one of the galleries and I was so lost I couldn't find the exit/toilet even after asking a few people who worked there (That is how bad I am with directions see).
I gave up eventually, I asked for the main exit instead.
Then I was too lazy to get my ass back up to the floor where I stopped.
The British Museum was too big anyway, I find it impossible for me to finish all the galleries in a day.




Decided to meet someone very last-minuted-ly, one who had helped me a lot in the MyBrainSc scholarship application.
I was pretty nervous as I had never really met/spoke to him in person before, luckily the evening was more than lovely.  He treated me Malaysian Style Char Kuey Teow too, ohsofriggingnice.




So much more to blog about omg, it's like never-ending.
Not to complain about BUT THE NEXT ONE WILL BE A GREAT ONE I PROMISE.
Glad to have all of you to share this adventure with me, thank you :)
Oh and please bear with my overloading laziness to take more effort to write better and proofread all those bad phrases and blah.




Directed Posts:

London 9D8N Trip Part 6: Hyde Park

London 9D8N Trip Part 5: Portobello Market

London 9D8N Trip Part 3: UCL & Farmer's Food Market

London 9D8N Trip Part 2: Victoria and Albert Museum

London 9D8N Trip Part 1: Natural History Museum





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a trace if you will.