Monday, November 24, 2014

London 9D8N Trip Part 5: Portobello Market

Spent my Saturday like a queen along with my six bodyguards at the Portobello Market.
Well I gotta admit that I was a lil nervous before the meetup - Not because that I nidda get to the place with Hwee Jien who has no sense of direction at all (like me), but I was afraid if we couldn't get along as well as we did in the BTN Camp (compulsory pre-departure camp for national scholars) two months ago.  Me being an over-sensitive who think too much lol.
Am so so sorry for having the thought nihhh (to Benjamin, Hwee Jien, Shyue Jer, Garry and Ah Kok, don't mind too much about Wei Hao who I see almost everyday in Manchester).
It was a super duper happy day coz they were just too awesome in talking crap and sporting and being nice and treating me like a queen and feeding me with good food nyehe.

This blog will be mostly about food food food and food food food found in the market.
Prepare yourself for an eye feast!



It's always great to start a day with a big happy morning :D















From left: Shyue Jer, Ah Kok, Garry, Benjamin, Wei Hao, Hwee Jien.











































































































To some people this Greek-style pie made from spinach, eggs, and cheese may look a lil gruesome but I love it! 
I didn't expect it to be mild-sour when it came into contact with my tastebuds.  New experience and a great one it is :D








Reminded me of the moment when my sisters and I shared this at Melaka, firsts are always that memorable.














Beautiful notebooks that I can never get my pen on.






















































The famous Hummingbird Bakery that sells heavenly-tasting (yet not so cheap) cupcakes.
















Ugly shot coz the boys were complaining that food belongs to the mouth and not lenses.
Okay fine.
I'm not a fan of red velvet cakes/cupcakes but the one of left was real good.
The icing above was a lil too sweet if being eaten alone but the combination with the cake was good.







Spotted this funny sign on our way to grab something for lunch.
I guess it's a roundabout sign or something.








Or an answer to this question:
Do you have a girlfriend?
Buffering.





















Love the way I am with these people.

























Not here for lunch of course.









Never tried high class (window) shopping in UK so we decided to pop in for a while to feel the breeze of wealth.







Then the two of them got stuck with some expensive hand soap tester session.














Meanwhile waiting.














Luckily they were not dumb enough to end up with two bags of soap after the encounter despite claiming how good the soap was.















Lunch at Gold Mine Restaurant for its roasted duck.
Benjamin recommended this over the famous Four Seasons'.
HEAVEN.







Awesome shot by Hwee Jien.









Malaysian Vegetable Curry.







Stir fried mix vegetable.







Ma-Po Taufu.





 Filled belly with great food that costed us £8 each was many thumbs up :D







And if you think this is the end of my fun Saturday, you're wrong.
Stay tuned :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a trace if you will.