Thursday, December 19, 2013

Krabi 3D2N Family Trip: Day 1

 Again, this is gonna be a long long story but I'm gonna keep it short since I have so many other stuffs to blog about and I just got my drama script #ohmy and I have my finals coming.

So okay *clears throat*

Dad wouldn't let me skip my classes and join the tour at first, looking at my academic calendar, finals would be in a month's time.
Well, luckily I have my Aunt and Mommy to plead for me 
(they understand me so well that I wouldn't give anything to trade for this golden opportunity since I love blue blue sea so much :D) 
I promised Dad I'd be a good girl after this trip, too *miserable shrug*


It's a big family trip after all, it's been long since we all gathered together like this.
This means so much to me.




We landed at the Krabi Airport in the early morning, 
which took about 1 hour 15 minutes from the KLIA LCCT Airport.
Oh btw, I really skipped a few of my classes and took the flight alone from Kelantan to KL bwaha :P


OH AND KRABI ISN'T AN ISLAND AS I THOUGHT IT WAS, LOL.


The Krabi Airport looked kinda new to me, clean 
and the custom officers were friendlier than those that I met at Bangkok.
We were welcomed by Alex, our tour guide whom Dad contacted.
He is a very nice and warming guy who speaks fair English, good-tempered and polite typical Thai guy.
He drove us around for the first day and the half day for the next in this cozy family car.




He drove us here for breakfast, tried out the local Bihun and Kueyteow soup.
Sorry I can't read Thai writings and I don't have a GPS with me to read the coordinates either.

Luckily the food didn't taste sweet (yea I still yet to get over the Kelantan-sweet-food-dilemma).
The Kueyteow (They call it Pad-Thai) looked a bit different from those we have in Ipoh,
I kinda like their spring-like Bihun.





Practically my family members are all food explorers, so we tried their local Kuihs too.

Again I couldn't read the writings so the one on the left tasted a bit sweet and I melted with the sesame aroma.  I think we have it in Malaysia but the texture of this Krabi version wins :P

The Kuih in pandan leaves was made from fresh coconut milk, very neat wrapping and it tasted good!

Talking about Krabi's Kopi'O, I'd say, forget about it, 
I was like eating a spoonful of sugar.  Bro liked it thou -.-





Then we headed to this Namtok Ron (Hot Spring Waterfall) at Khlong Thom.
It was said to be visited by the Thai King at the early days and now the place is open for public.
The place didn't cover a big area, luckily we were there early.
People from Trip Advisor commented that the place was too crowded, needing to take turns to enter the pool.
When we were about to leave, we could see vans and big cars driving through the main entrance ORZ.

Timing is indeed important, especially to a place like this :)



The water was said to be 50+ C before, but now it's at around 38+ C,
not too hot or cold for feet-dipping :)




I kept on WOOAHH when I reached this must-to-be-place-at-Krabi

Emerald Pool (Sa Morakot)

To be specific, there were several pools in the same track, like this below, the Crystal Pool.


Forgive my dummy Sony camera, it couldn't really show how clear it was so blah.
This pool wasn't open for swimming fyi.





The Emerald Pool.


Now this is the one.  
Look like a swimming pool but it isn't.

We reached there early so the crowd wasn't there yet weeee.

I LOVE THIS PLACE.

The floor was super slippery due to the high concentration of Calcium Carbonate in the water, so that meant the water should never, ever be drunk as well.





Tried out the local delicacy on the right I didn't how to call this, Pepper Salted Egg?
INSIDE NO EMBRYO OKAY.



Alex the tour guide let us choose whether to dine at a high class steak house or try out local food since our lunch was included in the tour package.  We opted for local instead.

Had the so-called famous duck noodle for lunch but, emm, I prefer the stall nearby my house :P

Fried rice tasted good fortunately.






Pork satay on the left, nothing special to write about.

Tom Yam Bihun.  Disappointed.

ABC dessert.  Just sweet.




Went to the Tiger Cave Temple.

It was believed to be an underwater trench before as the fossil of a whale was found here.






According to what Alex told us, this place was once dwelled by numerous number of fierce tigers,
in which one day, a monk passed by and the tigers simply obeyed him as their master.






Alex said normal people need around one and a half hour to complete the whole climbing, 
as you will need one hour to reach the top,
another half an hour for people to rescue you down.

LOL this guy is humorous I couldn't help laughing.

Bro tried to challenge, but he gave up after like, 100 steps? XD




All of us was exhausted.
Then things went wrong with the reception counter, so we were arranged and transferred to their collaborate partner - a higher class resort named

Peace Laguna Resort.

Yay lucky us again :)





If you know me well you'll know I'm quite particular with bedroom designs.
Splendid stay here just look at the colors :D







Alex introduced us to have dinner here, since they provide transportation for us to reach this 

Lae Lay Grill Spices Seafood Restaurant

with epic night view of Krabi, but who knows it's with an epic shocking price T___T





Have yet to taste good Tom Yam Gung, Pineapple Fried Rice, and Fried Pad Thai since our last Bangkok Trip so we ordered them again.
Not to say not nice but still faraway from thumbs up.

Had two fishes in 2 styles:
Steam fish with sour Thai sauce
Salt grilled fish

Salt grilled fish was niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

*forgive the poor lighting, it's my poor Sony dummie camera*




Lovely Er Jiu came up with this idea by ordering varieties of desserts for us kids to serve our elders.
Yea, it was a surprise and they were so happily shocked like kids :)



Went to have a brisk walk outside the resort, tried the famous Pancake (kononnya)
Who knows it's actually super crispy Roti Canai a.k.a Roti Tissue we have in Malaysia that comes in lotsa flavoured toppings like banana / nutella / peanut butter / ice cream.

I was too busy eating so HAHA.



And so, here marked the end of my first day at Krabi, in laughters and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a trace if you will.