Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bitches' 2D1N KL Food Trip Part 2: The Library Coffee Bar @ Avenue K, KL

Today's schedule was a very tight and pack one - Lotsa places to go and get my documents done.
Went for a Hepatitis blood test and the spot is still aching now, must be the fast poke-in-and-poke-out by the woman back in PathLab.  Burrhh.

Nothing seemed to go right today.  
I was constantly feeling lost and blur, hot-tempered, got mad over little things, impatience burhhh.  
Got nagged by Dad for my clumsiness, for not being well-organized enough to get everything right.  
I too, had no idea what was going on in my head, okay :(
So I decided to blame it on the weather.

Tomorrow will be a hectic day as well but lets hope that I'll get my good mood back again with a full tank of positivity.




Snap.


Right after the first stop of our KL food trip at Acme Bar & Coffee, we headed to The Library Coffee Bar  for tea-time.

So here we are at The Library Coffee Bar.



My dear bitches.  
Too bad not all six of them were here, hopefully another girls' date is any sooner!



The name "The Library" was kind of familiar to me.
It took me seconds to relate it to a bar having the same name located at the IOI Boulevard near my housing area.
Well, due to some maintenance problem or some other issues like the rapid growing number of competitors around the place with the encouraging big leap of the SetiaWalk, The Library changed its name to "Tu Shu Guan" (which means "the library" in mandarin), probably a change in management control. 
Then it stopped operating before I even got the chance to step into a library-like drinking place.




Anyway, how the name's like, or whether this is anyhow relevant between the bar and this coffee bar I have yet to spend too much time to begin the investigation.
However, through some brief websites and reviews hopping I saw there were many out there having the same question as I had too.
But who cares anyway. 






Beautiful setting and comfortable layback environment are of the several important key features of a successful coffee bar these days despite the quality and quantity of the serving.
Not much of disappointment but not much to be said as a highlight for The Library I'd say.
Coffee houses these days have similar interior designs and I'm certainly looking forward for one which can drop my jaw.




Here it is, our tea time menu.



Ice blended pure vanilla milk shake - RM 13.50

Smooth aroma, not too sweet, great choice for a hot evening as such.
Advisable to drink it before the ice melts, else it'd taste like baby's milk with too much of water with too little milk powder.







Caramel latte - RM 12.50

Didn't know one of the main attraction of The Library was its coffee cocktail, ordered this coz the caffeine addiction was too difficult to resist.
Was a lil disappointed with this actually, I was expecting something with deeper fragrance and of thicker coffee beany aroma.
I'd rate it below average, no second time for this order :(






Mango maniac crepe - RM 12.50

Okay I admit I was way too hungry to get a good angle of it.
Fresh mangoes in between but the texture wasn't good enough for a crepe, probably Nadeje's had brought crepes to a different level.
I loved the vibrant colour though.  






Red velvet cake - RM 10.50

Too beautiful to be wasting time on taking photos rather than getting our forks on it.
Another disappointment again ngawwww.
Great presentation but of below average quality.
The cake was dry and there was nothing that I can recall to be praised of.
I'm sorry but no next time for this too :(






Probably we weren't on any goodie luck here,
should had Googled for its highlight dishes before we visited.

Better luck next time then :)





OH, WE'RE NOT DONE YET.
Stay tuned for Part 3! 

:D





The Library Coffee Bar
FB: The Library Coffee Bar MY

Location:
Lot G-8B, Ground Floor, Avenue K,
156 Jalan Ampang,
50450 Kuala Lumpur,
Malaysia.

Contact:
+603 2181 6077

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a trace if you will.